7 Must-Buy Home Staging Accessories
So you’ve chosen your estate agent, decided upon an asking price, and planned your launch date. Your home is looking wonderful: carpets cleaned, and the whole house spring-cleaned. All that remains is some finishing touches. But what accessories represent the best investment when you’re trying to give your house that extra presentation polish to wow your buyers?
1. Cushions – a really easy way to instantly update that fading suite and add colour, texture and interest at the same time.
2. Rugs – a large, deep rug can transform a room, adding warmth and style. You don’t have to spend a fortune on them; decide on a budget and stick to it.
3. Fruit and flowers – try big glass bowls or wide vases of fruit in the kitchen to add colour; fill full of just one type of fruit (oranges, green apples or lemons look wonderful) for instant contemporary style. Make sure flower arrangements are in keeping with the style of the house and also the room: long elegant Cala lilies are great on a large dining table, and little hand-tied posies are just right for a rustic kitchen. Choose carefully for maximum effect.
4. Toiletries –choose the very best you can afford here; it matters: a little Molton Brown goes a long way! Again, make sure that they are kept for viewings only.
5. New bedding – especially for the master bedroom, where it matters most to your buyers. Choose a subtle style that isn’t too garish or flowery, and add some cushions and a good quality throw. For the other bedrooms, adding new plain bedding with some tasteful cushions and throws can update them inexpensively.
6. Towels – used towels never quite look the same as brand new ones; treat your home to some gorgeous new towels, and make sure that no one uses them – they’re just for show! Whip them away and hide them after each viewing so they stay looking their best.
7. Atmosphere – in the form of soft music and gentle fragrances. Choose soothing background music to encourage buyers to linger, and scented candles in subtle fragrances to provide the finishing touch.
We have learned a lot of tricks that make a big difference in how home buyers feel when they tour a home. Home staging is all about speaking to a buyer’s psychology. Of course, neutralizing the color palette and decluttering are two of the must-do home staging tips, but there are some other, more subtle tricks that may surprise you. Not all home staging tricks are so obvious. Smaller details can have just as much of an impact on the way a buyer perceives as home as the larger ones. While they shouldn’t be the only things you do when staging a home, they do enhance the effect of the bigger strategies and make for an overall more successful showing. Try these home staging tips that may surprise you in how well they work:
Photo from: https://www.windermere.com/blogs/windermere/posts/the-impact-of-staging-your-home