If a Disaster Strikes, Will You be Ready?
It is important to prepare before a disaster occurs. Consider the following steps to help you better prepare for an emergency situation.
- Sign up for local alerts and warnings, download apps and/or check access for wireless emergency alerts.
- Develop and test emergency communication plans.
- Assemble or update emergency supplies.
- Learn about local hazards and conduct a drill to practice emergency response actions.
- Participate in a preparedness discussion, training, or class.
- Collect and safeguard critical documents.
- Plan with neighbors to help each other sand share resources.
- Document property and obtain appropriate insurance for relevant hazards.
- Mark property improvements to reduce potential injury and property damage.
Emergencies can happen anytime to anyone. Take action to protect yourself, your family, and your property.